Sunday 30 March 2008

Does Mike Dillard’s ‘Building on a Budget,’ do what it says on the tin?

Mike Dillard is well known for his ground breaking training materials in the arena of MLM attraction marketing. His Magnetic Sponsoring course has opened up a lot of doors (mostly in my mind!) and has shown me how to position myself as a leader in the industry and attract the right people into my organisation.


I was very interested to learn about his new course and although I wavered before purchasing because I’ve been going back to basics and sponsoring some really good people whom I actually already know…gasp…, I took the plunge. After all I know that readers are leaders and that even if there was one good tip in his course it would be worth every penny and can accelerate my business. I am careful to avoid distractions though as I have mentioned in previous postings.


The crisp and beautifully bound book arrived within a couple of days and I dove into it with glee. I am nothing if not a good student committed to lifelong learning! Settling down to read it, which is such a pleasant change from hunching over my laptop reading e books, I found that true to his word Mike delivered more than he promised.


The claim of the course or handbook is to teach us winning strategies to drive traffic to our websites on a budget of $500 or less. There is a whole chapter on using Video which even a technophobe like me could understand and follow. Other hot topics covered in detail are how to advertise your opportunity effectively on Craigslist including how to automate your advertising. Blogging is really the hot topic of the Web 2.0 wave and the book covers how to research and plan your blog, how to physically set it up and which blog platforms to use, how to brand yourself with your blog, how to drive traffic to your blog and the list goes on. For anyone thinking, ‘I should start a blog,’ this will inspire you into action.


Many other things are covered in the book and there is a bonus copy of his new monthly Newsletter, ‘The Magnetic Sponsoring Inner Circle,’ which reveals ‘the latest online marketing and recruiting secrets for Home Based Business Owners.’ As Mike so rightly says and as I have mentioned in my article ‘The Myths of Online Networking,’ the internet, and Web 2.0 changes so quickly that it is very difficult to stay on top of things. The newsletter will keep all serious online marketers up to speed in bite size pieces so that they won’t be the last to discover things that can drastically affect their online results. I particularly enjoyed the ‘Web 2.0 Traffic Secrets,’ and found that to be a very useful step by step guide.


The other awesome thing about the entire Magnetic Sponsoring ethos and service is that upon purchasing the book you receive an automatic membership to the affiliate programme which is a hassle free and profitable way to build your rolodex of Network Marketers, and to pay for your own education.


More details here:




Word of warning… Randy Gage, AKA the Millionaire Maker and my upline mentor, has some sage advice for us that I heed: He says to do online or other activities only ‘in addition to’ the basics. If your company has a strong duplicative system whereby you can grow your business month on month by teaching people to take a few simple actions then take care to follow that system. It is there for a reason. Online marketing takes a lot of consistent effort and many people joining your team may not have the time or the will to become online gurus.

No comments: